Good article on the effects of larger box ships (which are calling at fewer ports). The hinterland infrastructure is going to have to adjust. I don’t think the ocean carriers are going back to smaller ships. The big ones are just too efficient to give up.
- SA: Atlas, Poseidon confirm ‘meaningful progress’ in deal talks October 7, 2022
- Spot rate carnage could result in more ships laid up, ‘with worse to come’ October 7, 2022
- Cosco bid for stake in Hamburg box terminal still hangs in the balance October 7, 2022
- Maersk calls on global governments to drive production of more green fuels October 7, 2022
- Trip Report on CSCMP Edge 2022 Part 3 October 7, 2022
- Supply Chain Graphic of the Week on US Companies are Paying more than Warehouse Owners are Asking for Space October 6, 2022
- Supply Chain by the Numbers for October 6, 2022 October 5, 2022